Thursday, January 26, 2012

Weight Watchers Burger & Chips

Well here I am day 2 of my diet :) and so far the food has been great! except I was too busy to eat today so um I had fruit in the car on the way home... that's bad isn't it? oh well sometimes that's the way the cookie (low-fat) crumbles lol 


Tonight we had Weight Watchers burgers which were really really yummy! I did add a couple of things to the recipe but I have written them in red in case you want to leave them out. 




Serves 4 (we just halved this) 
POINTS per value Serve = 9


Ingredients 
4 small potatoes cut into wedges and micro-waved until tender
400g extra lean beef mince
1 1/2 tbs tomato pizza sauce
1 onion sliced into rings
1/2 onion finely diced
1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
1 tablespoon fresh oregano leaves 
2 tablespoons fresh flat leaf Italian parsley chopped 
4 medium bread rolls halved and toasted (didn't have any so we used bread)
handful of rocket leaves
2 tomatoes sliced 
4 weight watchers cheese slices 


Method
Preheat the oven to 220 
Place potato wedges in single layer on a non stick baking tray
give a quick spray with cooking oil and sprinkle with salt
Cook for 20 minutes until golden


Combine mince with pizza sauce, diced onion, thyme, oregano, parsley and salt and cracked pepper.
Coat a non stick frying pan with cooking spray and heat. Cook the onion until soft and remove and keep warm (I chucked it in with the meat patties) 
Recoat the frypan with a spray of oil and add the burger patties and cook for 2 - 3 minutes each side or until cooked to your liking


To Serve
Fill each toasted roll with a pattie 
top with a slice of cheese 
add the onions 
add the tomato 
add the rocket 
stick the lid on!
and voila there you have a really yummy weigh watchers dinner :) 



This recipe came from the Weight Watchers Food Magazine/Cookbook
I think I got it for free for reaching a goal.....wish I kept it up! lol 


enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment