Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Chicken with Pineapple Salsa

Another really nice dish from the Feb 2012 edition of Weight Watchers Magazine, I think next time I make this dish I will substitute the chicken for pork, I did have fun bashing the chicken though! :) enjoy! 


SERVES 4 
Pro Points 6 


Ingredients
3/4 cup (195g) chopped canned pineapple in natural juice, drained
1 long fresh red chilli, finely chopped
1 small red onion, thinly sliced (I forgot to put it in!) 
2 tbs small fresh mint leaves 
2 tbs small fresh basil leaves
1 tbs olive oil 
1 tbs lemon juice
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1 garlic clove, crushed 
400g baby (chat) potatoes, halved 
200g snow peas, halved
200g green beans, halved
4 x 150g lean chicken breast fillets, fat trimmed (I used thigh pieces as that is what I had) 



Method 
Combine pineapple, chilli, onion, mint and basil in a small bowl. In another small bowl, whisk olive oil, lemon juice, mustard and garlic. 

Place potato halves in a medium saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to the boil over high heat and cook for 15 - 20 minutes or until just tender. Add beans and snow peas and continue to cook for 2 - 3 minutes or until tender. Drain and then transfer to a large bowl and drizzle over lemon dressing, tossing gently to combine. 

Meanwhile, flatten the chicken, on a board with a meat mallet (can you believe I don't have one?? how have I ever managed without one?? so I bashed it with my big wooden rolling pin and I think it got the message lol) until even in thickness. Lightly spray a large non stick frying pan with oil and heat over moderately high heat. Cook chicken for 2 - 3 minutes each side or until browned and cooked. (again I had Daniel cook this on the BBQ, I am getting good at this getting out of doing the cooking lark hehe) 

Serve chicken with pineapple salsa and potato salad. 





No comments:

Post a Comment