Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Barbecued Beef with Lentil Salad

There are a few things I can say about this dish lol the first is that I looked at the recipe and went hhmmm lentils....dunno...ok I will give it a try! and I am glad I did! The second thing I would say is that the meat was REALLY expensive! AU$45 a kilo! but it was SO SO delicious, and I don't see why you couldn't substitute pork or chicken in this recipe to make it a lot more cost friendly :) the 3rd thing is that Daniel got to cook it on the BBQ and that means I didn't have to cook it lol yay! I really didn't think that Daniel would be into the lentils, but he actually really loved the salad so this dish will be going on rotation in our house :) This recipe is also from the Feb 2012 edition of Weight Watchers Magazine 

SERVES 4
Pro Points 8



Ingredients 
600g lean beef eye fillet, fat trimmed
400g can brown lentils, rinsed & drained
1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
80g sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
2 cups (40g) baby spinach leaves
1/3 cup fresh flat leaf parsley leaves
1 tbs olive oil (I didn't add) 
2 tbs balsamic glaze

Method
Preheat a BBQ or char-grill pan over high heat. Lightly spray beef with oil and season with salt an freshly ground pepper. Cook for 2 - 3 minutes each side or until browned, then reduce heat to medium and cook for a further 6 - 8 minutes for medium or until cooked to your liking (I LOVE my beef rare) Transfer meat to a plate, cover with foil and rest for 10 minutes before thinly slicing. 

Place lentils, red onion, tomatoes, spinach and parsley in a medium bowl, mixing well to combine. Drizzle with olive oil (I didn't add olive oil as the sun-dried tomatoes had enough on them) and balsamic glaze, tossing gently to combine. 

Serve barbecued beef with lentil salad 




No comments:

Post a Comment